Older homes can offer up a lot of charm and history. However, they may not be the right choice for homeowners who are looking to customize their home to suit their tastes and lifestyle. New construction gives homeowners the control they want over things such as floor plans, the materials used in the home, and other finishing touches. For this reason, customized cabinets are a fantastic choice for new construction. If you are planning on moving into a new construction home, here are a few reasons why customized cabinetry can work for you.
In most kitchens and bathrooms standard base cabinets are 24 inches deep and 36 inches tall while upper cabinetry is usually 12 inches deep. While standard stock cabinetry may work well for some homes, it may look out of place in others. Customized cabinets offer a lot more control when it comes to size in a variety of ways.
- Customized cabinets can be built to any height and depth needed. Many homeowners order customized cabinets simply for the fact that they can be made to be taller and deeper than standard stock cabinets.
- Customized cabinets can also be built to suit the scale of the room. If your new construction home has high or vaulted ceilings, then customized cabinetry make work better with the size of the room. The cabinets may need to be larger in order to prevent them from looking out of place.
Control Over Style
Another reason to consider customized cabinets in your new construction home is the fact that customization gives you full control over the style of your cabinetry. Here are a few different choices that you will make in order to determine the style of your custom cabinets.
- Wood Type?When it comes to cabinetry there are plenty of options when it comes to wood type. Custom cabinetry also gives you control over what type of finishes and wood grains you prefer. You also have the choice between solid hardwood cabinets and hardwood that is applied as a veneer. Some of the wood species that are often used for custom cabinetry are listed below.
- Hardware?The hardware used for your cabinetry can have a big impact on its appearance. There are plenty of styles to choose from when it comes to knobs and drawer pulls. There are also plenty of finishes to choose from. Here are a few popular finishes for cabinet hardware.
- Door Style?Custom cabinetry also allows a lot of control over door style. You can choose from a variety of styles that range from modern to traditional.
- Extra Options?Customized cabinetry also offers a few options that may not be available with stock cabinetry. Customized cabinets can be made specifically for a certain purpose, such as displaying a unique dish collection. It’s also easier to add certain features, such as easy close drawers, to custom cabinets.